Friday, January 11, 2008

Inventory, quilts, drawing buttons.....



As we continued with the inventory yesterday, I found 3 more bears that had already "put in their papers" to join that little union.....so here is the group shot today -- 10 little faces (notice the 2 in the bottom right corner are slightly smaller) waiting their turn to be transformed into ---- mmmmm, we aren't sure yet what they will be transformed into! (and do I LOOK like a fairy godmother to you -- trust me, none of these are going to be Cinderella!)

It does look like the one with the apron and the earrings has taken over the "mom" chores and is keeping the group all in line while they wait. (Now where is my clipper and my fabric markers and the box of perle cotton.....)

We have nearly finished with the inventory of bears -- should get it done today. We have one large tub of sculpted faced bears to be reworked/redressed; one very small tub of bears that need some kind of repair -- mostly to wood accessories in this case; and two medium size tubs of bears to be seriously reworked. And I have scrapped out enough bears already to have the box that 10 pounds of fiberfill came in overfilled already -- and I have more bears to scrap. Needless to say, I will not need to buy any fiberfill for a while!



As you may recall if you've been reading here for long, I've been working on a new quilt. The DH did the full size drawing (shown at far left) for me, and after an almost 6 week break (to finish up Christmas things) I have returned to working on it.

Because I'm using freezer paper for my patterns (I love being able to just iron them right to the fabric!), and the freezer paper is not wide enough to do the entire pattern in one sheet, the pieces were drawn in 3 panels.

Last night I finished the first panel, a total of 58 seperate pieces all stitched together. As I have worked on this, I have discovered a couple of things:

1) its a bad idea to cut all of the pattern pieces apart at the beginning -- I've already had to either cut new pieces or trace right onto the fabric from the master drawing because some of the real small ones "went missing"

2) I'm already designing the next quilting project in my head

Anyway, I'm feeling good about reaching this milestone!








And as I worked on ideas for the new website layout, I discovered I needed a few more "buttons" to use, so out came the pencils and markers and all again to create these little lovelies.

Fun!!

So today there will be inventory and bear work and programing and who knows what else!

time to get movin'

No comments: