Friday, November 21, 2008

2 done and more on the sticks

Ah, the sweet sensation of a successful project!

The kitty sweat shirt got all stitched yesterday!

this picture was taken right after I removed the hoop and before I had trimmed all of the little threads and basting stitches

5 kitties -- siamese, orange tiger, tabby, white (with orange tail and ears) and black

Hopefully my dad will enjoy these

Now it goes in a cold rinse to remove all the blue marking pen and it will be ready to wrap up

While I was "babysitting" the machine stitching away, I finished the second of the drawings for note cards

This one is call Snowball

and yes, those stripes are all carefully hand drawn in!

So now I have started one that is a Double Irish Chain -- all in shades of green and white








The last of the sunflower hotpad project.

These are all done and ready for gift wrapping too

(I spent some of the kitty stitching time weaving in the many, many ends that are involved with these)

So now there are 3 hotpads and 2 dishrags and that gift is all complete!










So of course as soon as one thing is off the sticks, I put another one on!

Right now this is on a pair of straight needles, because when I started it about 10 last night I didn't want to get up out of my chair and go find the Denise set to change the needle tips from the last project and these needls just happened to be in the cup on the table next to my chair

This is the beginning of the Christmas stocking I'm making for my new grand dog

Meantime, I have only about 3 1/2 inches left before I graft the shoulder seams on the blue vest.

And the quilts are moving right along too -- I'm now half finished with quilting the bird quilt and 70% of the log cabin is done -- woo hoo!!

Today we'll be loading up the van for our show tomorrow -- guess I better get to it!

No comments: