Saturday, November 01, 2008

another completed project -- WHOO HOO!





I've been working on this for a while in between other things

way back I got the empty case from Ricë over at Notes from the Voodoo Cafe, and it's taken me a while to figure out what to do with it (and to work out the beading pattern!)

Like the beaded eggs I did last year, I really enjoyed this project -- the way you have to work to cover a solid object is pretty fascinating -- even after having done a few different shapes (eggs were definately more difficult, BTW)

I figure since this is just the right size to hold crochet hooks, it might be a handy thing to have

I wouldn't mind doing another with some other pattern on it -- we'll see what I can come up with

Last night, thanks to a remarkably light turn out of trick or treaters, I got the quilt pin basted in record time, so today I will begin the quilting process.

Speaking of a light turn out of trick or treaters (who knew that a Friday evening with temperatures in the upper 50's would mean practically no one showed up?!) does anyone need some candy?

time to get busy!

6 comments:

ceevee said...

That is beautiful! My ex used to collect old razors/cases and I never thought they'd look this good! whoo hoo indeed!

Zardo and Odraz said...

Bev the case is stunning. I cannot imagine the patience and talent it must take to do all those teeny tiny beads. Beautiful work

Bev said...

thanks to you both!

Anonymous said...

That is gorgeous!! I've just begun doing beading but have not even begun to venture into something like that. Beautiful!!

I too have a lot of leftover candy .. we had temps in the high 60's & had a light turnout too. Weird!

Casey said...

Stunning is absolutely the word! Really amazing work! I cannot imagine working with such small beads!

Ricë said...

wow! this is FABULOUS!