Sunday, November 02, 2008

We're really crankin' it

another project complete!!

this entire piece is made up of those same medallions I was making into earrings earlier as well as some extra 8 mm beads and it's all strung together with delicas

I like the way this one came out!

probably later I make a pair of earrings that could go with it (most of the time doing things as "sets" is to no avail because the folks out there just don't seem to think in sets anymore)

Along with finishing this up, I also tagged and/or carded all of the pieces of jewelry I've made in the last month or so. Couldn't believe I had actually done so many earrings and necklaces in that time.

I've pulled out the next project that I had "kitted" up to start working on -- it involves a piece of the Rocky Mountain Beach Glass. This one is intended to be a Christmas gift, but if it goes well I'll be making some up for the show we have towards the end of the month.

and speaking of the beach glass, sometime later this week I'll be washing out the batch that's in the tumbler and probably putting together some more "kits" of projects to work on.

The quilting has begun on the parrot quilt -- moving right along at a nice clip -- so right now I have two quilts I'm quilting and two quilts I'm planning -- nice!

Today is likely the last really nice day before we get reminded by the weather that we live in the mountains and it's November, already! I need to do some work in the backyard raking or blowing leaves up into the garden area, and it's ever so much easier if the leaves aren't wet yet, so I'll probably be out there for a while.

time to get moving

No comments: