Wednesday, November 12, 2008

It's a "Return"

on Monday we made the trip over the pass (in the fog and the snow) and retrieved the sewing machine

They updated the software, replaced the touch screen, adjusted and balanced and cleaned -- oh yes, and replaced the power supply which was a recall item --

it's good to have it home again, better than new!

So there will be projects a-humming!!



Another of the "finish what you've started" projects completed

this is a piece of jasper that has had a bead bezel created, and I made the chain out of size 15 beads in a Right Angel Weave stitch

I have at least one more of these I'd like to finish, but I want to try a new technique for the chain -- something I saw in the newest bead magazine which I got last week

The next project is a bracelet -- we'll see how that goes







This should be listed in the catagory of 101 Things to Do with a Single Sock (mmmm, catchy title!)

I really like this water bottle -- first because the top is actually big enough that I can put regular ice cubes in it, second because it was absolutely free at the health fair in the spring

But it has one unpleasant "habit" -- it sweats -- as in when I put something cold in it, the outside gets all wet, then it leaves a mark where ever I set it down, not to mention it's not pleasant to pick it up

After some consideration, I thought there might be something in the "socks without mates" bin that would take care of that issue -- not a really heavy boot sock (too unstable to sit properly), but this lovely light weight number is quite stylish -- oh, and don't you love the "Princess" lettering and the crown -- Ta Da! (and there's another sock in the bin to use when this one needs to be laundered -- it has Mickey Mouse on it -- oh, look, one to wash and one to wear -- and that single sock in the next laundry -- it's supposed to be that way!!

Today I'm hoping to get some projects done -- we'll see how that goes

No comments: