Friday, November 07, 2008

Rocky Mountain Beach Glass

I finished the first necklace made out of the first batch of Rocky Mountain Beach Glass

This is a Christmas gift for a friend

it gave me the chance to work with the glass and try a couple of things to embellish it

I'm pleased with the way it came out, and excited to put together some other projects

and this is the latest batch of glass out of the tumbler

the rest of the blue bottle and some more of the pink glass squares

I definately think it's time to make that trip to the second hand store for some glass to break!














these were all bought on sale!

I know it's hard to tell, but the left picture is a packet of software for my sewing machine

The towels came from the sale at Linen's and Things -- I might have been able to get them for even less, but since I wanted to have some choice of colors, I decided to get them now

the plan is to use the software to embroider on the towels -- and use the wash cloths as "practice"

Just as soon as the sewing machine comes home -- soon I hope!


This (and another one just like it) was also picked up with the towels

Both of these are going into the shelf in my refridgerator door

Why, you ask? Well, there are always little things in the door -- the plastic sqeeze bottle of lime juice, part of a bag of barley, a bottle of yeast, a bottle of capers -- all of them small enough to slide out from under the rail of the door shelf and go crashing to the floor

While picking up the squeeze bottle of lime juice or the bag of barley is just inconvenient, when the bottle of capers goes crashing to the floor, the operative word is "CRASH", and I'm really not convinced that a steady diet of capers is good for the dog -- not to mention the whole broken glass issue.

So, I picked up these baskets -- they neatly contain all of those errant little items, and the fit nicely in the door -- Ahhhhhh, much better!

So today we have a plan to visit the second hand store to look for glass then we need to pick up a few things at the grocery, then it's back to the projects!

time to roll

1 comment:

Nancy G said...

Lovely necklace! If you have trouble finding any particular color of glass, let me know, and I'll be glad to look for it in our second hand stores.

Wire mesh baskets for the shelves in the refrigerator door - what a great idea! I just might have to get some, or at least put them on my wish list.