Monday, November 24, 2008

Cartwheels and back flips

After several years of struggle I can finally say that I have outsmarted the machine

As I was trying to figure this out on Thursday I was able to get (FINALLY) a key piece of information that helped me solve the problem of how to get the embroidery files from the CD they came on to the floppy disc that fits in the machine. In a conversation I had with the place that repaired my machine, I learned that it was necessary to write the file out of the program DIRECTLY on to the floppy, it can not be copied and pasted from another source (can we say those Viking programmers are totally paranoid?!)

Anyway, after a conversation with my brother in law (the ever wonderful family computer doctor and hardware source), and my sister's visit at the craft show on Saturday (bringing the needed external USB floppy device) I was able to sit down yesterday afternoon with the laptop (where the program resides) and create the file that stitched this piece.

We have achieved Kokopelli!!!

We are thrilled. The work on Christmas projects can continue!!

YIPPEEE!!!

















And there is nothing quite so satisfying as the sound of breaking glass -- especially when you have big plans for the broken pieces!!

Since the beach glass pieces were such a big hit at the show on Saturday, I decided that we needed to do some pieces with some of the other recently "found" glass.

We experimented a bit with how to actually do the breaking, but in the end we have these three containers full of pieces that can be tumbled for making of jewelry. I'll be getting that tumbler rolling sometime this afternoon.

After breakfast this morning we'll be making a trip to the hardware store for a bucket and some sand for the tumbler, followed by a stop at the Hobby Lobby for some thread to match the items I want to stitch on -- whoo hoo

time to roll!

No comments: