Sunday, November 23, 2008

Home Sweet Booth

Here was our booth yesterday at the craft show.

Instead of trying to cram 3 tables into an 8x10 space, we went with just our 2 larger ones

We can't put out quite so much stuff, but the display features a lot more "walk in" space, which means the customers will actually stay long enough to see something they might buy

It's a good thing

I have to say that I did not have high hopes for this show, last year it was the last show in that area after two other semi-successful ones, and this one was a bust then

Given the state of the economy, I was seriously thinking it was a waste of time

I was pleasantly surprised -- perhaps it was the fact that we are literally the brightest booth in the room (you just can't see the colors of what I do properly in gym lighting, so I carry my own), perhaps it was the fact that we had a better layout for the booth, perhaps it was that I picked the right stuff to put out (the Rocky Mountain Beach Glass was a big HIT!!), maybe it was just our day to make a little on our efforts

While it wasn't a great show money wise, we did make a little profit, so I can order some more materials to go with the beach glass things

My sister came out in the afternoon and visited for a while -- when she attends these things she usually come late in the day and helps out with the packing up and hauling out -- I can not tell you just how much I appreciate both the opportunity to visit with her and the extra pair of hands at the end of a long day (we'd been up since 4 a.m.!) -- so a big hug and a bigger thank you to my sister!!

Today there will of course be paperwork to do and the unloading of the van and after today all of the display pieces, etc., can be put away. Soon I will be doing the end of year inventories and all of that as this was our last show for the year. My on line stores are open all the time, but I do the accounting for those a different way. Ah, December -- Christmas and taxes -- Pffffftt!

time to get to it

No comments: