Thursday, November 20, 2008

A different sort of quilt

A while back I decided I was going to try to come up with some new notecards to use, and maybe to share as gifts too.

This is the first drawing (Titled Christmas Quilt I) for that idea

It was done with markers and colored pencils on white paper and if you look closely at the "spotted" blocks, they have tiny tree like shapes drawn in them

This was not the project I intended to work on yesterday. The original plan was that I would finish up the cat embroideries on the sweat shirt, but I spent a LOT of time on hold with insurance companies yesterday for the DH, and the drawing was something I could do while listening to the awful Musak (why they can't have something better is beyond me, but I digress)

I'm hoping to do several more quilt drawings so there is an assortment of 4 or 6 designs that could become a "set". And I'm thinking about trying out printing them on a rough kind of water color style paper -- we'll see

hopefully today I'll get a bit more done

1 comment:

Nancy G said...

Wow, you really DID spend a lot of time on hold, to get all those tiny trees drawn. What's with the insurance folks now?