Monday, November 10, 2008

a not so lazy day, but nothing to show for it

as in, I have no pictures of anything that got actually finished

In keeping with the idea that it would be good to use and/or finish some of the started jewelry projects for our upcoming show, I have been working on a "chain" for a stone cab that I had beaded around quite a while ago (it was part of the now defunct "let the river run" project) and creating a bracelet that is similar to some of the collar style necklaces I've done in the past (same source for the stones). Progress is happening, but neither one is picture ready yet.

I spent some time yesterday going over 40+ pages of family history information that had come to me from a source I can't even identify (can you tell it's been a while since I did anything with any of this stuff!). Usually I don't even hang on to this kind of "data", as it was very unorganized, somewhat rambling in style and as I said, I don't know who I got it from. The up side was that whoever it was did state what their original sources were (ie: marriage records of a church; census records from a specific year and county, etc) -- so all of the data can be cross checked.

Today we make the trip to pick up the sewing machine!! I'm so excited, I have a list of projects lined up to work on right away (beginning with some shirts my brother-in-law asked me to do for him).

time to roll out!

No comments: