Thursday, September 08, 2011

charity quilts and Mr Cute

I was beginning to wonder if I was going to miss getting the monthly charity quilt tops finished

and actually I was only going to do one -- go figure

these two mostly came out of my fabric stash, and they are not quite identical -- but the difference is so subtle that I'm betting no one but me will notice what it is

quilt guild meeting is tonight, so this was working up to the last minute a bit more than I'm comfortable with -- we'll try to do better next month

remember this?

months ago I sent off photos to a competition

this morning I got the email that this wasn't good enough to even make the next stage of the competition

well fine

I'll be taking a new set of photos and putting it out in my Etsy store

along with the giraffe bracelet which I got sandwiched together yesterday and just need to do the final finishing work and the photo shot




here's another picture of Mr Cute from our weekend visit

he's using our big black dog as a place to pull up

she's so patient with him, just lets him climb all over her

such a good dog

such a cute kid!


so today, after two days of cool, cloudy weather (it was all of 60 degrees here yesterday after being in the 90s last week!), it's sunny and warmer -- I'll be heading out after breakfast to pick stuff in the garden -- I'm pretty sure there is a zucchini the size of a baseball bat lurking out there somewhere

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Oh CUTE!!! And good dog, good dog!

My first impression out of my peripheral vision of that necklace was, oh cool, snakeskin in beads.