Monday, September 26, 2011

new challenges

one of the quilt groups I belong to has issued a challenge that I'm actually going to participate in

the theme is FOUR

anything that comes in sets of four qualifies, and we are not restricted to size, materials, etc., etc.

I've been thinking about doing a series of the four seasons for a while, and this seems like a perfect excuse to get me moving

not to mention that aside from the Out of Africa pieces that are on going and the huge Trees project, I'm not right in the middle of any pressing deadlines and I think I can manage these between now and March, 2012

so this drawing is the skeleton of the four pieces which will be 6 inches wide and 16 inches tall

depending on how this all goes I may put them all in a frame together -- or not -- we'll see how that goes

today I hope to pull out fabrics to get started
started the bead work on this piece yesterday afternoon

the bezels went really quickly and now I'm working my way across the surface with the next ring around each piece of stone

moving right along


today's activities includes laundry and back to work on the charity auction -- only 12 days to go!

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Curious; my instant reaction was, but the eye is pleased with things in groups of odd numbers. Threes or fives rather than fours. That's quite a challenge!