Tuesday, September 20, 2011

finished monkey, and a new project

the Halloween costume is finished

the wings are made up of shiny satin back crepe fabric I had in my stash over a very heavy interfacing that gives them some body

all of the "accessories" are attached to the sweat suit in a way that they will be easy to remove after Halloween, so Mr Cute can get some additional wear out of it

can't wait to see the pictures of him in it!

this project is buzzing along

we're definitely more than half way now, and I really like the way it looks

should have the bead work done by the end of the week at this rate


yesterday the DH pulled this out of the storage shed and took it into the garage work shop

he took all of the hardware off and took the bottom apart so he can replace that water damaged wagon bottom

I even found a place on line where I could order replacement hub caps for the wheels (one was missing and the other three are real faded)

when he gets done it will look as good as new

yippee!

time to get to work

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

My dad gave me a stuffed tiger when I was just barely old enough to remember him coming home from his trip and opening his suitcase: he'd toured the Steiff factory.

I have loved tigers ever since.