Friday, November 18, 2011

about that deadline

as you may recall, I started this piece originally because I want to enter it in a challenge for one of the beading groups I belong to

then I got side tracked because I was having an issue with the bigger glass pieces popping off the backing -- which has now been solved

but now I'm much closer to the entry deadline than I'm comfortable with -- the deadline to get it finished and entered is Dec 9, and while that is 3 weeks away, there will be some days over the Thanksgiving holiday that I won't be able to work on it (tiny seed beads and very small children -- ie Mr Cute -- are not a good combination!)

so last night I spent more time working on this than I have been (actually used up my quilting time too) -- and I'll be doing this for the next few days to try to get this close to finished before it must be put aside for a few days

the sewing machine is whirring again -- I actually have at least 5 more sewing machine projects to finish before Christmas, so I need to keep doing a little every day there -- the creation of flannel yardage is complete now, and the items cut out, so good progress is being made there

progress on the second green hat

looking very good -- and this one appears to be much better in the size department



today we're making a little trip up the way to visit the Llamas Holiday Boutique -- and yes, the llamas will actually be on site -- very cool! then to the store to pick up the pre-ordered capon for next Thursday's dinner

time to get to it

No comments: