Sunday, November 13, 2011

a new department in the store

I've been listing my bead work on my Etsy store for quite a while now

this week I've started listing some of the very cool silver work that the DH creates

this piece, for example, is a hand formed fine silver (.999 silver) open work heart with a small yellow sapphire (natural stone) set in it

really neat, one of a kind piece, and because it was made a while back when the price of the raw materials were a lot less expensive, the price is nice too

we're hoping some of these pieces will be Christmas presents for someone somewhere

remember this?

seems the solution for my problem was just to use a new tube of glue

I've now removed the "bezels" around the flower and the big glass leaves and have gone back to filling the background

and I'm much happier with the way this looks now

now I just need to move it along to get it finished by the deadline for the challenge that I originally started it for

and then of course it will go in the store



tree leaf-ing continues

this is really good activity to do while watching musical specials on PBS

which is what I was doing last night

cut, pin, stitch, repeat

there will be at least twice as many leaves as this when I'm finished -- maybe even more

slogging along






seems the slog along is an ongoing thing

I've got about a third of the ribbing done on this project

and it is also a good thing to work on while listening to music

k, p, p, repeat

and we go around in circles ('til we're very, very dizzy!)

looking good though

No comments: