Wednesday, November 09, 2011

a little Christmas stitching

time at the sewing machine well spent yesterday

got these pj pants finished in record time -- despite having to piece the bottom 6 inches of the legs because the flannel shrunk so much

I'm really glad I had washed the fabric before I made the pants!

more sewing projects will continue today after the errands are done


the binding on the lap quilt is about 2/3 complete --- should be done today --- YIPPEE!!


and all of the leaves have been stitched onto the spring panel, so today I'll be starting to put on the flowers

in the process of getting the leaves done, I made a change in the plan to the flowers -- I had originally planned to use a little yellow bead in the center of each one, but as I've stitched and thought about what the spring trees look like, I've decided that a pale pink one is a better idea

this ability to change direction in mid-stream is one of the up sides to doing so much of this as hand work



my daughter sent me a text this morning with the needed information so I can finish up the hood on the sweater I'm knitting -- just at the right time -- if things go well, this evening I'll be binding that off and stitching the sweater together --- hmmm, this means I need to do something about finding some buttons!

time to get to it

No comments: