Thursday, November 10, 2011

FINALLY off the sticks

finished knitting the hood last night

whoot! whoot!

still have to stitch up the under arm seams and the top of the hood

and weave in all the ends

and do the loops and buttons

but having this off the sticks means I can put something else on (and yes, I know, I could have more than one thing on sticks at a time, but I find this approach works better for me -- just sayin' that finishing stuff is important in the grand scheme of things here)


and this is done

I stitched the last of the binding yesterday afternoon

ta da!

which means one more thing crossed of the Christmas To Do list -- a very good thing


and I can take it for show and tell at tonight's quilt guild meeting too







the tree has begun to flower!

I decided to use the Copic marker to draw the little flowers in pink on the white fabric before I cut them out

this had the unexpected benefit of acting almost like a sealer on the fabric, so the edges didn't fray when I cut them out

and I like the pink beads in the center of each of the flowers too

lots more to stitch down, looking very good

progress -- our most important product

No comments: