Sunday, November 20, 2011

more patched flannel

there was a bigger variety of pieces in the pink/purple flannel stash

but they were also smaller pieces

so the constructing of yardage from them took considerably more stitching to create

yesterday afternoon I finished making the finished object from this "made up" fabric

it feels pretty good to have been able to create these two items and spending very little for materials (I did have to buy some elastic)




these fabrics are the ones that just arrived for the next Keepsake Quilting challenge

the theme this time is celebration

and even before I saw the fabrics, I had been thinking about the theme and had created the pencil drawing (ok, it was a doodle on a piece of paper that is the size of a post it note!)

I will have to get the fabric that will be the back drop for this design, but I think this will be fun to work on

after I finish a couple of other things

the bead work is moving right along

on this side of the piece I have almost finished the bead "fill", which means the next time I sit down to work on this I should be able to finish this side and move to the other side

I'm feeling much better now about actually being able to get this done in time to enter it in the challenge

and I'm very pleased with the way it looks

because I don't do a lot of detailed drawings before I do a piece (that post it note doodle for the quilt is about as complex as it gets usually), its always a great feeling when the piece actually resembles what I see in my head!




last night I finished the straight knit rows on this project

so when I pick it up again I will be doing the decrease rows that form the shaping at the top of the head

nice, very nice






yesterday afternoon we took advantage of the nice weather to do some clean up work in the back yard -- we had a lot of wind the last couple of weeks, so the leaves are pretty much all off of the trees -- a good time to rake them all up and haul them up behind the garden fencing -- where they will keep the weed growth down and they will become part of the compost that will get turned into the soil in the spring

today we will be "butchering" a pumpkin so there will be prepared puree for Thursday's pies -- because my daughter has pumpkins of her own that need to be prepared too, I'll be taking photos as we move through how we do this to be posted over at Hattie's Kitchen -- and I'll post a link here when I get that post up

time to get busy

No comments: