Saturday, November 05, 2011

it's beginning to look like Christmas

a couple of years ago, my daughter asked me if I would do the script embroidery on the decorator Christmas socks she had made for her house -- and I was happy to do it for her


now that Mr Cute is here, there needs to be one more sock to add to the decor!

this is one of those times when I'm happy that I have a "stash" -- ie: I don't throw things away

may I present the completed third sock -- and yes, that is from the same fabric -- which is now generally unavailable -- all possible because I had kept the left overs from the first project

yup, the 3rd generation "pack rat" saves the day

yesterday afternoon, once the delivery men had brought my new refrigerator and hauled away the old one, we decided to go to visit a very neat place called Table Rock Llamas -- a relatively local shop that carries wonderful yarns, spinning and weaving equipment and supplies and they teach classes in all of those things as well hosting dye workshops -- I was looking for a skein of alpaca yarn to put with one I had already to work on another knitting project

I found what I was looking for and a whole lot more -- they host a lot of very affordable classes, one of which I will be taking soon as a refresher in spinning -- even more exciting is that they have drum carders that you can rent time on, so I will be taking the two Jacob Sheep fleece that I have in a box and getting them all carded up so they can more easily be spun or felted or whatever I decide to do with them --- yippee!!

today I'm hoping to get some more sewing projects cut out and ready for stitching

and then there is the preliminary work on the Christmas cards to do too

lots to do!!

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Stashes are wonderfully useful things.