Thursday, November 17, 2011

the end of canning season

here we are a week before Thanksgiving and I can say that the gardening and canning season is now officially over

yesterday we put up tomato sauce out of the very last of the tomatoes that we gleaned off the plants before the frost came

there will be some very good pasta sauce out of these jars!

we still have 5 pumpkins, a small Hubbard squash and some butternut squash just hanging out until we decide to use them

this is the time of the year when I'm really happy we did all that work all summer



three of the four panels are all finished

this project is definitely giving me that "did I do that?" feeling

today I hope to start on the fall panel







I didn't have to rip out the hat after all

it fit the DH perfectly, so he'll be getting a hat and here is the beginning of the next one -- made the smaller size so it will fit the son in law

by the time I get all of these finished I'll be able to knit these in my sleep



today we have errands to run, then it's back to work on those Christmas projects!

No comments: