Tuesday, November 22, 2011

beading is finished!

last night I put in the last bead on the face of this

WOW -- I can't believe I got here this fast (see, if I really need to get a piece done in a hurry I can)

I even spread the fray check on the back of it last night too, so hopefully today I'll get the backing cut and get started on putting it all together

one of the things I'm going to have to do is to create the "chain" that will attach to the ends and create the clasp at the back

I'm really please with the way this looks -- now hopefully the finishing work will go as well




I know, you're thinking "what are you doing with that?"

well, I'm using it to create a pattern for a quilt design that I'm working on

sometimes there is a real challenge to making a 2 dimensional surface look like a 3 dimensional object, so I'm working on that



today's plan includes unpacking the Christmas decorations that I'm going to put up and doing some organizing and getting ready for the cooking of the Thanksgiving dinner -- including a trip to the grocery store

time to get to it

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Wow on that beadwork! And on using absolutely everything for inspiration the way you do.