Sunday, November 06, 2011

something to roar about

heh, just because you haven't seen anything from the Africa series for a while doesn't mean I'm not working on it

it's really hard for me to believe this is the same stamp that I used for the first lion which was declared a failure

this one is awesome

and the painting of the foliage around him went well too

right now I'm working on design ideas on how to incorporate all of the animal pieces into one cohesive presentation -- this part goes slowly, and is something that actually gets worked on quite a lot in those fugue moments between sleeping and waking

yesterday was pretty productive, even though I have no other pictures to show you --

the snow on the branches in the winter panel is almost completed -- I still have one other thing to do to that panel after that then it will be complete (and speaking of that fugue moment, this morning's was all about how to do the spring panel of this series!)

actual machine quilting took place yesterday as well -- and once again I was really happy that I got the quilter's gloves when I took the class back in August -- having them makes the moving around of the quilt so much easier

adorable isn't it?! I really like the designs that come from House Mouse.

I picked up this rubber stamp on a sale and I've been fiddling with Christmas card design ideas for a month or so

today I hope to have time to drag out the tin of colored pencils and add some color to this (and yes, there will be glitter!)

it's not too early to be doing this -- it takes time to make about 60 cards!

time to get moving

No comments: