Friday, November 04, 2011

a first time event

yesterday we made the trip to the Fountain library for the hanging

it went really well -- the whole hanging system worked equally well with the quilts that had the hanger rings and the ones that had sleeves with rods and wires

when these pieces are all rolled on their pool noodles and bagged up at home they don't look like much -- hanging all of them side by side gives me a better sense of just how much I have accomplished in the past 2 years --

at the last minute I decided not to take the Archangels piece because I was having problems getting a rod or slat to put in the sleeve that was actually sturdy enough to support it's weight -- which is probably a good thing -- I don't think there would have been room for it

I'll be admiring this picture for a while

the third charity quilt is complete

this was made out of scraps left over from the other two quilts

nice

so now the sewing machine will be taken off the table so I can cut out some more things and pin the quilt that needs to be quilted

slogging right along through those Christmas projects now





the leaves are all finished now too

sweet!

I'll be putting together a box to ship off either today or tomorrow


I hear that Mr Cute is in need of a new pair of mittens -- I'll be making those out of the yarn left from the hat I just made him -- and this year's mittens will actually have thumbs!

time to get moving -- the delivery man called -- the new 'fridge is on its way

No comments: