Thursday, November 03, 2011

a quilty good time!

the sewing machine has been humming

these two quilt tops for charity are all finished

I'm using the scraps from these two to make a third quilt top -- also for charity -- hopefully I'll be able to show that one to you tomorrow



the quilt top for my dad is all finished

as soon as the current round of stitching is finished (sometime either today or tomorrow) I'll be able to get this all put together in its "sandwich" to do the quilting

my plan is to machine quilt this using the newly gained skills from the class I took back in August

this will be the first one I've tried, and I'm a little nervous about it, but I think I can handle something very basic






the branches of all four trees are attached!

after I took this picture last night, I started putting snow on the branches of the winter tree -- right now I can look out my windows and see that, so I'm just going with the current model

things are still rolling off the knitting needles

I still need to do the leaves for these, but I'm really pleased with how they came out

the leaves shouldn't take too long, so I'll be back to the Christmas hoodie this evening -- I need to get that finished -- there are still at least 3 knitting projects in the cue after that -- always something coming next!

time to get rollin'

No comments: