Wednesday, November 16, 2011

progress - and finished (or not)

well, at least this piece is now going well

the fill work is slowly creeping up around the butterflies and before long I'll be working my way up the sides -- at which point it will seem to go really quickly!

looking good!




the leaves on the summer tree panel are going well -- I hope to have those finished either tonight or tomorrow


and my studio time yesterday I was creating flannel yardage -- over the 10 years we've been in this house I've made a lot of things out of flannel, and I always save the pieces that are bigger than 6 inches square (the stash of flannel from before this house got donated before we moved here) -- anyway, I've been putting pieces together and now I have enough put together to make another pair of pj pants -- which I hope to get finished in the next couple of days -- YEAH!

and then there is this

it looks like a finished object

but it's really not

because it's too big for the intended recipient

which means I'll probably be frogging the whole thing and starting over -- either fewer stitches or smaller needles -- or both

bummer!


today we're going to turn the last of the garden tomatoes into tomato sauce -- yummy -- messy -- but yummy

time to get to it!

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

I'd say just roll over the brim twice; you know little ones do love to play peekaboo, so...