Saturday, March 03, 2012

2 finished projects (and feeling at loose ends)

wow, it's not often that I finish 2 projects in one day

but here we are

the baby quilt I've been working on is now all finished

here you can see the back (the picture on the left hand side) and the front

instead of putting a traditional binding on this one, I did more of a "facing" that keeps each side separate

and then there is this piece of jewelry that I've been working on for a while

I got the edges all finished off yesterday afternoon

well ahead of the deadline on entering it in the Bead Fest

(I'll be getting the listing for this out on to my Etsy store in the next couple of days)


as always when I finish a couple of projects, especially when one of them is a pretty big project like the quilt, it feels like there is a big hole in my work flow that takes a bit for me to adjust for and create a new routine -- exactly why I have several pieces being worked on all at once

there will be more pictures soon of the Hoffman -- which I'm working on every day now, and some 12 x 12 inch blocks I'm making for one of my quilt groups

and today I'll be going through those project bags of jewelry ideas and picking out a new one of those to work on

rolling on

2 comments:

AlisonH said...

That quilt is cheerfully adorable, and that bracelet is a work of art.

Nancy G said...

Beautiful job on that bracelet, and I love the fabric on the back of the quilt!