Thursday, March 01, 2012

starting something new

after all the fiddling with the design for the Hoffman challenge, I still have some fiber techniques that I want to experiment with before I put them on the actual piece I intend to enter

so I'm creating another, smaller version of at least part of the project

so here is the "mini" version with the background, the table top and the first vase

it's not real clear on the photo, but one of the things I was experimenting with was using some heavy silk thread and couching it down around the top lip of the vase as well as at the bottom "foot" of the vase

it worked pretty well

so this much has also been done on the full size version

and now it's on to the second vase -- in miniature first
the second of the hatz is complete

this one is a nice color

love that whole black and white and red all over thing (embarrassed zebra?)

ten more of these to do

the next one is sort of "mixed berry" color blend





almost finished!

today I should get the rest of the beading finished and get the back painted with the fray check

looking good

can't wait to get on to the next one!

time to run to the grocery store then back to work!!

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Eleven hats? Bartholomew Cubbins time. Someone's going to have great fun wearing that one. And that bracelet is beautiful.