Thursday, March 29, 2012

finished projects from the garage workshop

the DH has recovered sufficiently from his surgery that he is spending some time in the garage workshop working on projects again


in the last couple of weeks, he created me a printer stand that is sturdy enough to sit my all in one printer on along with a drawer unit that I have under it that holds printer cartridges and envelopes -- and a shelf there underneath that I can set an open package of printer paper on

cool!



this project was originally started last fall

it's hard to believe that the wagon in the picture on the left side is the same wagon in the picture on the right

he did a beautiful job -- the wagon should be good for another generation!

he still has a decorative windmill in pieces that he's working on (we hope to get that taken to our daughter for her yard later this spring), and he's got some bed side tables on his drawing board too

nice

the sweater I've been working on for myself is finished

I think

I may decide to add some patch pockets on it (the pattern doesn't call for pockets, and I didn't think of it when I was doing the initial knitting -- DUH on my part)

it fits well and it's warm

so of course it will probably now get too warm to wear it -- heh, right


so now the swatching has begun on the next knitting project

three beaded star fish and an anemone are finished -- and all of those pieces are attached to the netting

the little strip of beading on the left is the beginning of the "chain" -- which I'm creating all out of size 15 beads --- that will take a little longer to do, but it will make a lovely narrow chain to hang this beaded seascape from

and of course there will fringing on the bottom two sides

it's looking very good

time to get busy

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Mr. Cute is going to have so much fun with that wagon!