Thursday, March 22, 2012

updates

let the stitching begin

I finished cutting out all 90 of the redwood fronds

so now it's time to pull the trees out of the pillow case and start arranging these on it so I can tell if this is enough or if I'll need to cut more








these arrived in the mail yesterday

I order the two on the left side to put into the charity quilts along with the jelly roll fabrics I got at the guild meeting

the other two I ordered to use for other projects -- probably one of them will end up being the backing for the Hoffman Challenge quilt (which is now down to needing only 1 bud and 1 full flower to be stitched on before I'll be making that quilting "sandwich")

yesterday's saga of the vehicle repairs continues -- at the end of the day the alternator wasn't the issue either, so today they are replacing the part that was the real issue -- the cost will end up being about the same by the end of the day --- it should be finished today

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Ouch on the van. I'm sorry. My '00 minivan is running me at least a dollar a mile in repairs these days. Not fun, but no other choice right now.

We got it after adding up that we'd spent $12k in car repairs over 18 months on the car before--don't do that...