Tuesday, March 20, 2012

more finished work

I just finished this bracelet last night

originally I had planned to use this larger carved piece as the center piece of the bracelet, but it is just too big to work comfortably as part of a bracelet

which means that now that carved piece will be the center medallion in a necklace -- which I now need to figure out the rest of -- figures!

I do really like the bracelet though -- it's the first piece I've done that could possibly be called "steam punk", which is a hot thing right now -- we'll see if it gets any attention in my Etsy store

finished another of the 12 hatz

I think I should call this one "lemon aide"

this is number 8



progress on the Hoffman challenge piece is being made -- I have half of the flowers stitched down!


this book is going to the top of my "WANT" list

the whole "painterly" look is the direction that I want my art quilts to take, and I especially like impressionist work, so I think this would be a good addition to my reference library





time to get moving --- need to run some errands before I can get back to projects

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Oh wow! all around! And I am going to have to find a copy of that for my mom: she's a quilter, and Dad is an art dealer. We spent the summer I was 16 with a protege of Claude Monet.