Friday, March 16, 2012

off the sticks!

I've been working on this project for almost three months, and last night bound off the last of the band around the front ---

it will now take several evenings to weave in all the ends and finish the front -- including making the loops for the buttons and sewing on the buttons

I did slip it on over my pjs, and it fits very nicely

YIPPEE!!

the completion of this project means I'll be doing swatch knitting for a Christmas project soon


this is "off the sticks" too

link number 4 for the current bracelet project

these smaller links go pretty quickly and are pretty much a "happening" -- I just start picking up beads and stitching them down in patterns until the space is filled up then I added some embellishment on top of the beading

I have a few more of these to do, and I'm trying to make each one different



the first flower has been placed in the vase

a couple of years ago I would not have been confident enough of my applique skills to even think about fussy cutting such a complex flower and stitching it down like this

practice makes perfect!

next step is to fill the taller vases

















studio security is taking a nap

with her tongue sticking out just a tiny bit

and one eye partly open

silly --- very silly




time to make a quick grocery run then get to work on projects

No comments: