Friday, March 23, 2012

charity quilts and a "did I do that?" moment

since the fabric arrived on Wednesday, I decided that yesterday was a good time to just go ahead and finish up the charity quilt top that I was working on

the 8 inch squares for this were all finished from a sewing session last week, but I needed that fabric to use as stripping to set this together

I'm pleased with the way this came out

it's a bit bigger than some of the ones I've done, so it will be a good one for an older child



today's work in the studio will include some time with the water color pencils to start putting in the shadows and highlights on this piece

yes, this is a photograph of the quilt so far

it looks like a painting to me

exactly what I was hoping for

hence the "did I do that?" feeling

now I just hope I don't mess it up in the next step!




the van is home -- and it must have been having issues for a while that I just couldn't hear -- I'm told that my gas mileage should be better now too -- a good thing!

today after a quick run to the grocery store I'll be working on a new bead project and the quilt -- rolling along

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Beautiful, beautiful! And a lucky child, coming up.