Sunday, March 04, 2012

fixin' and finishin'

when my daughter came to visit a couple of weeks ago, I let her go through my jewelry box and pick out some pieces that she thought she could wear to work

one of the pieces she liked was this dark green crystal necklace that was once my grandmother's

she asked me if I could make it a bit longer for her

yesterday I added some clear crystal beads at the back that made the necklace just enough longer that it should be more comfortable for her to wear

I'm happy not only to be able to make this longer for her, but to be able to pass on something to the next generation
finished another of the dozen hatz last night

this one is number 3

this one is actually 4 different yarns, and I like the bright, warm colors it is made up of

today I'll have to go back to the yarn bin and see which of the stashed yarn I'll be knitting up next





having finished up the filigree bracelet, I needed a new beading project to work on

you may recall that I talked about getting these very nice cameos a while back

they are a soft green/chartreuse-y resin, and when I got them I was thinking about making them into a bracelet

yesterday I pulled them out, glued them down to the backing material and built the bezels around each of them

next step is to fill in the rest of the area within the squares, which will make 4 links that are about 1 inch across and 1 1/2 inches tall

I haven't decided yet what the links in between these will look like -- I'll be thinking about it while I'm filling up the squares -- I'm trying to decide if I want to create 3 more bead embroidered links or if I'm going to create some beaded beads

I've been going through some boxes of old photos

this is one of several I found yesterday

this was taken when my daughter was about 18 months old

4 generations -- my daughter and her cousin, my sister and I, our dad and his mother

wow

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Beautiful portrait. Very cool.