Thursday, March 08, 2012

a peek at the Hoffman

I've been working on the piece I'm creating for the Hoffman challenge

I have all three of the vases stitched down to the background, and the cording is finished around the low, flat vase at the bottom

I really like how that came out, so now I need to do something similar on the other two -- I can use the same silk cord on the dark purple vase, but the pink one is going to need something else entirely -- something more rose colored

I'm still not totally sure about that pink vase, I'm hoping that the cording will help, but right now it seems to just blend into the background too much

what do you think?


now that all four of the cameo links are complete, I've started working on the little links that will go between these

yesterday I got the beading done on three of the five of those

these are the smallest beaded pieces I've ever done, and while it takes fewer beads and less time, holding on to these little pieces is it's own challenge -- and putting the edging around them will be real interesting too I'm sure

this evening is quilt guild meeting, and it will be the first one I've been able to attend this year -- now that the DH is doing well enough that I can be gone for a couple of hours -- I have a couple of completed quilts to take for show and tell -- yippee!

meantime, my attack on the cold symptoms yesterday seems to have put the thing at bay, and I'm feeling pretty good this morning -- hurrah! just a couple of errands to run this morning then back to work on projects before it's time to go to guild

onward!!

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Great fun. Enjoy! And best wishes to your husband on his continued recovery. (The kind of thing that always needs to go faster than it's going.)