Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Inspiration time

in the past few months I've been active with a team of bead embroiderers on Etsy (you can see our work by searching "EBEG" on Etsy)

along the way I've gotten more excited about creating new and different pieces of jewelry -- and using some of the new components that are available now

recently on our internal email board there was some discussion about a couple of new books that talk about those materials

I did some smart shopping and ordered a copy of each of these at a price I could afford -- they arrived yesterday and I spent some time browsing through the "eye candy" and reading the sections that talk about techniques that are new to me

cool, very cool

I'm looking forward to creating some even more amazing things soon

and under the category of finding inspiration in unexpected places:

Sunday evening I saw a commercial that I could not take my eyes off of

lush, elaborate, artful images -- amazing!

if you haven't seen this, it's worth the time to see it HERE



I know yesterday I promised pictures of the work I'm doing, but our day was a bit odd -- I'll try to do better today (but first a trip to the grocery store -- and the hardware store for a light bulb!)

No comments: