Tuesday, March 27, 2012

third time's the charm

or at least I hope so!

this bit of beaded netting has been through three different permutations, and this one finally lays flat (which the first one wouldn't do) and is stiff enough to serve as the "canvas" for the rest of the piece (which the second one wouldn't)

so the next step is to try out making star fish with the little orange-y beads I've pulled out of the box

we'll see how that goes





I've been working on drawings for the next quilt

it's moving right along



the first quilting stitches have been put in the Hoffman piece --- I really like this cotton/bamboo batting -- it quilts so much better than the polyester stuff does!



and apparently Mr Cute is enjoying the drawing activity too!

my daughter sent me this picture of him sitting at their dining room table playing with his crayons

his interest doesn't really surprise me -- his daddy has done some neat landscape paintings, and there's some "artistic" genetic from my side

cool!

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Oh, Bev, he's SO cute! And I love that he's an artist from both sides. Lucky little guy.