Sunday, March 25, 2012

progress of work and new ideas

I conquered the fear factor and used the water color pencils on the Hoffman piece yesterday afternoon

the picture on the left is the "before" and the picture on the right is the "after"

the addition of the shading behind the flowers and vases gives the piece the look of more depth

today I hope to get the quilt "sandwich" put together -- I'll be using a bamboo/cotton batting for this (I still have a piece left from the baby quilt I made for my grandson)
the redwood fronds are beginning to get stitched down

I pinned all 90 of them to the quilt the other day, and so far I've attached 25 of them --- moving right along

I do like the way these look

and I've figured out a way to do some that will be attached only by the "stem" much like the aspen leaves that I will be attaching

I'm starting to get pretty excited about this piece as I'm seeing (at long last) the real potential of getting it finished in the near future

and since those two quilting projects are moving along nicely to their finished state, it's not too soon to start thinking about the next quilt on the drawing board

and I'm fiddling with some ideas

a lot of work and planning still to come on this, but I like the direction it's going

think cool colors --- blues and silvers and whites

brrrrrrr!




I'm working on two different beaded pieces at the same time right now (ok, maybe three since I'm also thinking about another Gee's Bend Tribute piece)

I've done a couple of "seascape" themed beaded pieces, and this will be another of those

this is the "netting" that I plan to use as the "canvas" of the seascape and it is about half finished

I have plans to create beaded star fish and to use some tiny silver dolphin charms that I have on hand

meantime, I'm waiting for an order of brass pieces to arrive so I can work on the other piece that is in process -- which will be a piece that is more warm tones
hatz number 9 is finished

and I started number 10 last night -- it is two shades of blue -- the ribbing is all done


the ripping out of the entire front band of the sweater I'm trying to finish for myself went pretty well -- I've re-knit about half of it, so it should be finished this week -- I think


time to go have some breakfast

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Beautiful, all of it!

The polar one will warm anyone who shivers at all the cold and ice implied in the animals' world.