Wednesday, April 25, 2012

more progress

another panel of the fence has been installed!

we are now down to three to put up -- and one (that one on the right side) to take down

after this panel was installed, we figured out how many more fence boards we needed and made a trip to the hardware store

I'm really glad we had purchased almost all of the slats we needed last fall when the price was only 97 cents for each one -- yesterday we had to pay $1.48 each --- almost double -- OUCH!

 time at the sewing machine went well

this skirt for my daughter is all finished except for the hem -- which I need to pin up and stitch when I see her next

yeah!  another project off the "to do" list!!
progress being made on this piece of bead embroidery too

this morning I pulled out some more yellow beads to add in

I'm really happy with how this piece is looking, and it's coming together really quickly

I also started planning the layout of a new malachite bracelet that will be similar but different from any of the stone bracelets I've done

phone time is crochet time

yesterday I finished another hot pad

this one has the last bits of the navy yarn, the off white yarn and the variegated yarn that has the bright blue in it

and of course I started another one -- that probably won't get finished until I get to the store for some more cotton yarn

 finished another afghan square too



today we have things to do outside the house, so probably no fencing today -- we'll see

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Good to see that coming along. Didn't you guys have to do this last year? Or was that a different side? Meantime, I particularly like that cheerful beading project. Those colors are happy-making.