Monday, April 23, 2012

progress on old things, starting new ones

some more work got done on the fence yesterday afternoon

the top 2x4s all got measured and cut and put in

today we'll get all the bottom ones in, and maybe some slats up --
I did do some work on beading yesterday too 
since I've still got some pieces coming for the necklace I've been working on, I decided that I would start a new bracelet  

 this is Tribute to Gees Bend Quilters #3 -- this one is being made with some more of the beads my mother gave me -- and I'm doing this a bit narrower than the last two were 

 I'm trying a new thing with this one -- trying to replicate the look of different fabrics with the beads -- like the yellow and white "gingham" there on the bottom right corner -- pretty cool! 

a while back I did some beading of some birds that I want to put into a frame
in the last couple of days I actually started working on the frame -- used the Copic markers to carry the color of the beading out over the surface of the frame

now that this part is done its time to spray it with a sealer

and I finished the first of the wool sweaters that I plan to send along with those wool hats

I really like the way this came out, and it was pretty easy

the sable/natural/navy color mix looks nice

I'll be making some more of these



today's plans include laundry, more fencing, a trip to the grocery store and then hopefully some work at the sewing machine

time to get to it

No comments: