Saturday, April 14, 2012

the shopping trip

on Thursday evening I heard about a big mark down of cotton fabrics going on at my local fabric store

my plan was to pick up some colorful fabric that I can use in charity quilt tops for the guild

and I'm happy to report that I was successful in doing that -- 8 half yard pieces that can be combined with other fabrics I have on hand should increase the color palette of those quilts for a while





I did find some other nice things as well

like these two fabrics that I got a yard each of with the plan of turning them into sun hats for "the boys" later in the summer

these are bright and colorful and just speak "sun hat" to me



the plan for these fabrics is to use them in my Out of Africa series

I like the colors and patterns of each of them, and they are quite different from most of the pieces I already had on hand





and then there are the wolves

I love the almost sepia tone colors of this piece

and my son in law is a big fan of wolves

the bird quilt I made him a few years ago is starting to wear out, so I'm beginning to think about making him something new

this might be part of that


time to get busy

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

A lupus quilt! (Sorry! The disease was named by someone in the 1800's who thought the typical face rash looked like one had been bitten by a wolf.)