Tuesday, April 03, 2012

hats gone wild

when I'm on vacation I still work on projects

since the current "big" knitting project is something for my daughter, it didn't get to travel with us

but the bag of wool for hatz did

and these two are finished --- making numbers 10 and 11 --- only one more to go to make my goal of doing an even dozen

and my daughter had asked me to make new sun hats for my grandson -- and his friend that lives down the block

these two got whipped up over the weekend -- one for each boy -- and now that I have the pattern customized for each size, I'll be making up one more for each of them and putting them in the mail to them

and of course traveling in the car means there is knitting of charity afghan squares

this one all finished

and another one begun




Mr Cute on his way to day care yesterday morning -- wearing the sweater that grandma made him for Christmas

the second button is missing -- the glue that held the face to the loop came "unstuck"

I had been concerned that the little puppy feet painted on the face of them would wash off -- which hasn't been the case -- but I hadn't considered this problem

once the weather gets warm enough that he isn't wearing this, I'll replace the buttons so he can use it again in the fall



it was in the 80s over the weekend

last night the temperature dropped and we had snow

and wind

LOTS of wind

that panel of the back fence blew about 20 feet over the garden into the back yard

good thing the dog wasn't out there!

but now we have the chore of putting up the fence --- AGAIN --- seems like either the wind is worse, or the way it comes around the building behind us (which is relative new) just aims it at our fence

(have I mentioned lately that I sometimes hate owning a house?)

this morning the DH has an appointment with the surgeon that did his shoulder replacement -- we'll be finding out exactly how much he's now allowed to do

2 comments:

Nancy G said...

Wow, you are all about the hats this week; wild and crazy wool hats, and adorable sun hats, too!

Your back fence now looks suspiciously like ours. Our fences have fallen, and they can't get up?!? Ah, the joys of home ownership...

AlisonH said...

Yowsers on the weather and the wind and the fence. I'm sorry!

The hats are cute but Mr. Cute totally steals the show. He's adorable!