Saturday, April 07, 2012

not much to see here

just this one little afghan square, which I knit a lot of while I was sitting in the dentist's office yesterday morning

the hats that I'm working on for my grandson and his friend are almost finished -- there are actually a lot of steps to those -- and they look really nice -- pictures of those tomorrow

the bead work piece is going well too -- yesterday I finished the "chain" and attached the medallion, so today I'll begin the fringing

quilting on the Hoffman challenge piece is going well -- one vase, 3 flowers and one corner of the background are finished, and so far I'm pretty pleased with how that's going too

last week I ordered some fabrics to start on the next quilt, and wouldn't you know it, most of it's back ordered! so for now I'm working on the patterns and waiting (something I don't do all that well)

these items arrived this week

I ordered them a couple of weeks ago to put into a necklace I'm working on

as soon as I finish the bead work I'm doing right now I'll be able to move right on to that piece

oh, and that whole dentist thing? heh, right -- even with insurance (which is costing us plenty every month) there will still be a big out of pocket expense to have any work done (and why is it that no matter what some stuff is just NOT covered by the insurance!?) -- so once again there will need to be "saving up" before anything gets done

time to get to work

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

We have dental insurance and still shell out several thousand a year to the dentist. And every time I think of just dropping it, DH gets a crown or something.

Good luck...