Saturday, April 28, 2012

finished, finished, finished, finished

today is one week from the setting of the posts, and the fence is finished!

we put up the last panel yesterday -- and may I say, just in time, because this morning it is COLD -- back down in the 40s, so not the kind of weather that I want to be out working on a fence in

now that this is done, we can till up the garden area and start cleaning up all the scrap lumber mess from the removal of the old fence
time at the sewing machine yesterday afternoon was well spent

 this is the charity quilt top for this month love the color --- no two blocks of this were alike, so setting them together was a lot of fun











and the bead embroidery on this project is finished

I dug through the box of leather and found a nice silvery gray piece that will be the back of this

there at the right hand side are the pieces for the toggle clasp, just waiting for me to put the whole thing together

I'm pretty excited about having this finished, and can't wait to get started on the next piece which involves malachite pieces and some antique seed beads that arrived with the mail yesterday
one more afghan square completed too

I really like this color combo -- too bad both of these yarns are almost gone, there won't be enough to make another one like this

for the next week or so I'll be working on another wool sweater to go along with the hats -- since I have the wool yarn, it seems like a good idea to work it up into items that can be used


today I need to go pick up a printer cartridge and some elastic --- more projects in the works!!

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Must be such a relief to have that up. Well done.