Tuesday, April 17, 2012

brass and rust?

I finished one more of the tiles for the piece of jewelry I'm working on

and by lying the six finished tiles side by side I'm starting to get a feel for what the finished piece will look like

this is so different than most of what I've worked on that it's pretty exciting to see it developing

yesterday morning the utility company, the cable TV company and the phone company came and marked orange spots in my back yard -- on Saturday morning someone will be here to set the fence posts for us -- which means that between now and then, there are more panels of fence to be torn out, and a trip to the hardware store made to get 4x4s and cement and screws

some of the tearing out will happen today -- we're doing it a little at a time so neither of us gets hurt

which means I might get some work done in the studio later!

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Can't wait to see; I love what they are already.