Tuesday, April 24, 2012

fencing

no, I'm not talking about sword play

just more 2x4s and some fence boards and some screws

there at the far left of the picture you can see the new fence panel peeking out from around the tree

and all of the bottom 2x4s are installed

we still have one panel to tear out, but we have decided to wait until we get those two sections to the left of the standing panel finished to tear out the last one
after the fencing, and the trip to the store and doing the laundry I did some work at the sewing machine (I'm making a skirt for my daughter) 

and I added some more beads to this piece -- now  there is yellow and white gingham along with pink and green stripes -- cool

I'm testing a new backing  material on this piece, and I'm not entirely sure I like it -- it seems to shift more than the stabilizer I have used in the past, and it has to be basted to the batting because it is too open to use fabric glue -- I think this stuff may get relegated to use on art quilts instead of beading

speaking of art quits, last night I finished the quilting of the vases and flowers on my Hoffman challenge, so now all I have left to quilt is the table cloth --- I'm getting pretty excited to have this piece finished --- after all, I have several more pieces waiting in the wings!

today there will be more fencing (En Garde!) and some paperwork (it's time to pay the bills again) and then hopefully I'll get the skirt finished and do some other studio work


No comments: