Friday, April 13, 2012

progress, finished and new beginnings

these are the next "tiles" for the necklace I'm beading on right now

yesterday you saw the one there on the right hand side (the one with the oval focal bead) and now the second one is finished -- with a round focal bead

onward to the next pair of "tiles" -- 4 down and 13 to go!

last night I had a quilt guild meeting

one of our long time members (at this point I don't use the "old member" phrase -- most of us are old!) gave a great program about her work

after a couple of months of rather meager options on the "Put and Take" table, last night's haul was great

lots of fabrics to use in the building of charity quilt tops

I also found out from one of the other guild members that my local fabric store is putting a lot of cotton fabrics on a drastic mark down, so I'll be going this afternoon to take a look for items that I can use in future projects



as always, when I go to guild meetings, I took along my knitting

finished another afghan square (proving once again that I can knit these practically in the dark -- part of the program involved a slide show with the room lights off!)



today's activities will involve cutting up more of the removed fencing for the trash pick up, mailing a "squishy" to my grandson, the aforementioned trip to the LFS, and hopefully some work in the studio

Onward!

No comments: