Sunday, April 22, 2012

an update


on Thursday I took some time away from ongoing projects here at home and spent the morning with a group of fellow quilters

this year they had decided to do a "sampler" quilt of 12.5 inch blocks

this month's block was the school house -- and it was fun to pull out fabrics from the stash that looked like brick and wood and green slate tiles to create this block -- and because I piece by hand I didn't get this finished during our meeting, but I did finish it last night

and having successfully negotiated through this one (remember, I don't piece much, most of my work is applique), I'm now ready to have a go at one of the three blocks they completed since January

I'll probably start with the easiest one
a little bit of time spent on the beading yesterday and now there are two more of the tiles for the necklace finished

this piece may not get much work done on it for a few days now because I've ordered some more things to be used on it and I don't want to do too much more before those arrive

but I have some other things to work on --- like some more bracelets --- because I sold another one (small happy dance here!) and it's interesting that everything I've sold out of my Etsy store has been a bracelet -- hmmmm

no chance of ideas for those running short any time soon, I've got lots of ideas for new bracelets!
yesterday morning the new fence posts got set

a task that even when we could do it ourselves would have taken the better part of an entire day was finished in less than 2 hours -- holes dug, posts set in concrete and trimmed to a level height

sometimes it's just worth it to have someone do a job that they really know how to do and are strong enough to do easily

and if we have any more around the house jobs, we will actually request this young man

so now it's up to us to put up the rest of the fence, but we're pretty experienced at that by now -- it just won't be up overnight!

1 comment:

A said...

They don't make brick buildings in earthquake country; that schoolhouse is beyond charming as I reminisce over the brick-everywhere I grew up with.