Friday, July 13, 2012

blue beading

the beading on this is moving right along  --- about 1/3 of the surface is finished

I like it more and more as I add each piece --- thinking of it as patchwork with beads!


finished another of the ongoing hot pad project

this is number 10

the last few days I hadn't been able to get anything done on these because the head set for my phone had died (these have been my "on the phone" project)

I got a new head set for my phone yesterday

back to getting work done!



last night was the meeting of the local quilt guild that I belong to --- we had our birthday party -- played games, ate birthday cake and talked about the serious business of helping to create quilts for the many households that were impacted by the Waldo Canyon Fire

I picked up this assortment of fabrics from the put and take table

my plan is to put these into the mix for the building of charity quilts

 I've started to work on drawings for the piece that's been forming in my head for the last two weeks

it's very rough and will have a lot of changes, modifications and adjustments

but it's a start at getting it out of my head and on to paper

I picked up some fabrics to "play" with to try some techniques that I want to use for this piece

we'll see how it goes

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Wow, that blue flame fabric made me stop and consider. Goodness. What a thing those people all went through.