Sunday, July 22, 2012

Finished - progress - beginning

and this piece is now out of the work list and into the "for sale" list

the pictures got taken and it is now available in my Etsy store

if you want to take a closer look, you can use the link there on the top right hand side of the blog

yesterday  I did the paperwork and sent off my entry of this piece in the competition that I created it for

there will be a "viewer's choice" voting for these pieces, so sometime after August 15 you'll be seeing this again with a link for the voting






the center panel is now ready to be attached to the outside edge of this piece

but first I'm attaching the two different colors of cording that will go around the oval as a kind of "framing"

I had originally thought I could do those two steps all at once, but that didn't work out so well, so I've returned to the two step process

yesterday I got about a quarter of the way around doing the attaching, and I'm hoping to get the rest of it done today





do you remember mercurochrome?

when I was a child it was the antiseptic of choice for treating skinned knees and other "boo boos"

the color is almost synonymous with summer in my memory

the beads I'm using for this newest piece of jewelry is that color -- sort of orange/pink and glowing

these are the first four crystals -- 18 mm in diameter -- all netted up and ready -- there are 30 more of these crystals (all of them smaller than these) left to be encircled before I can start putting the piece together

I'm loving working on this -- so far at least


No comments: