Tuesday, July 31, 2012

oh deer!

yesterday we had to run to the store for dog food and some other stuff between the laundry and the studio work

on the way back, as I turned into our residential area I noticed what I thought were two big dogs playing on a front yard

and then I did a double take

hey, those aren't dogs!

what I saw was a doe and THREE(!!) fawns playing in the front yard of a house --- let me tell you, they were stopping traffic as there were two cars that had pulled over on the other side of the street and the guy behind me was stopped too

oh wow

these babies don't look very old -- they were probably born in the last month -- the doe had some unusual "markings" on her fur that looked like she had been too close to black paint -- my guess is that she escaped the fire

amazing

here's the latest Christmas project

the beginning of a dinosaur toy for Mr Cute

it's coming along nicely

I wanted to make the chest a different color but I couldn't figure out how to do that from just reading the instructions that were written to crochet in the round and were not planned for that

when I return to this later I may actually write some notes and rip back a ways to actually make that work

the quilting is coming along

I finished the quilting in the light colored area behind the flowers

and I've started now working on the dark section

and this is going much faster than I thought it would when I decided to quilt it this way


the work on the Y'upik quilt top is actually moving along too -- I'm almost finished with the applique on the big center block -- once that is finished, it will be time to set it together and get it ready to quilt

cool




since I'm having some issues with the orange piece,  I started work on a purple bracelet

 the center stone is an amethyst cab with the unusual feature of having been cut to include the quartz matrix that it grew in -- an unusual stone to find

the two side pieces are actually polished slabs of crystal amethyst

I think I'm going to like the way this looks

time go get moving -- need to make a run to the hardware store this morning before I can get into the studio

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

WOW. And life goes on. With triplets! So cool that others noticed, so cool you got such a great picture.

And I love amethysts!